bus riding

This morning I had to take the bus to work. It’s always an adventure when I take a new route (I’ve never taken the bus to work before). It’s like a million thoughts go through my head making the entire 45 minute trip like a suspense novel…..Was I listening properly to hear my stop called? Does my stop even exist? Maybe the route map was fooling me. Maybe it suddenly changed this morning at 6am, and I got on the bus at 6:25, so I wouldn’t have any idea of the new change. Maybe the bus driver will just randomly decide not to go by my stop. Which side of the road is my transfer bus on again? I hope all these people will get off soon, so I won’t have to give up the seat currently occupied by my 7 lb. dog all tucked in his little bag. Oh my gosh, is that my transfer bus coming down the street? I’m not even standing at the stop yet! Ok, on the transfer bus, just barely. Is this bus going in the right direction? I think I recognize that park over there. Ok, this is the right street. I wonder how long it’ll be till my stop? Oh my gosh, that’s my stop!! At that point I yank the cord and the “stop requested” sign glows red. I breathe a sigh of relief. Of course, when I get off and realize that I actually pulled the cord a block BEFORE my stop, I just have to shake my head and be glad I got anywhere at all. ;)

After I got off the bus this morning, I still had about 20 minutes of walking to do to get to work. My little travel companion, Bo, loved that part. Of course, he’s just glad he gets to come to work with me instead of having to sit at home with his brother by themselves all day. I, however, was worn out by the time we got here. I was walking so fast to make sure I made it on time and carrying a heavy back-pack. It was great to be outside though. The sun hadn’t come up yet and the breeze was wonderful. I would have been really cold had I not been walking like I had somewhere to be (cause I did have somewhere to be), but as it was it was really quite nice. I got to work feeling like I had already conquered a lot and it was only 7:30!

Hopefully the rest of the day will be rather quiet because I want to have at least a little energy for the parade of lights tonight. I’ve heard it’s a really fun parade, and I’m looking forward to the huge reindeer balloon float that I’ve been told comes right before Santa. Sounds like fun, huh? :D I’ll definitely take some pictures to share!

In other news, Lindsey and I both got hair cuts last night. Mine turned out to be shorter than I had expected, but everyone who’s seen it decidedly likes it, so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. :) I will try to post a decent pic of it at some point. What are you doing this weekend?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s